January 19, 2021
Mayborn Convention Center / Temple Cultural Activities Center
3303 North Third Street
Temple, Texas 76501
Map to Facility / Facility Diagram with Parking
Please make note of the following instructions for when you first arrive at the Dance Championships on Tuesday in Temple.
- The Director for each school must first report to Registration Desk located in the Mayborn Center;
- There you will review all rosters, verify those in attendance, and pay fees;
- Sign a TAPPS Covid form attesting that all attendees have self-screened for Covid and are able to attend;
- Receive your wristbands that are good all day for both buildings;
- Once this process is completed, your dancers can report to the Mayborn or CAC, based on your schedule of events for the day; and,
- Reminder: Wear a Mask
Please follow the above instructions so all attendees will know that everyone has been through the same process.
Solo & Small Ensemble Schedule
Mayborn Convention Center
- Building Diagram
- Restrooms near the main entrance are for spectators and not for team changing. Restrooms near dressing rooms are available for teams.
Cultural Activities Center
- Building Diagram
- Restrooms downstairs are for spectators and not for team changing. Restrooms upstairs are available to teams.
VARSITY TEAM PERFORMANCE
- Seating- Teams are assigned a section for seating. Team fans should sit with the team and remain separated as per the schools Covid Protocols.
- Check-in (Station A)- Check-in here prior to your dressing area assignment as per the scheduled time.
- Dressing Rooms (Station B)- Dressing is limited to 12 min before each performance and 9 minutes after last dance. Do not leave items in the dressing room.
- Pre Warm-up (Station C)- You may stretch in this area. Music speaker is not provided in this area. Masks are required in this area as this is not official warm-up time.
- Warm-up (Station D)
- At the start of your time, you may open the door to the large ensemble area and drop off your bags just outside the door to be retrieved after you perform.
- Polished concrete floor
- Speaker with headphones adapter available to run through with music.
- Mask required for transition from warm-up to backstage
- Students must remain quiet in this area
- You will enter the performance area from the center of the room behind the TAPPS banner.
- You may enter performance area from left or right side of banner
- All music must be supplied on a device with a headphone jack.
- If using an iPhone or tablet – please remove cover or case, turn to airplane mode and turn volume all the way up.
- Each squad must supply a person to start and stop music track at the sound table.
- TAPPS will not be responsible for dysfunctional media or music players.
- TAPPS will have a speaker with an auxiliary cord in the warm-up rooms, but you must supply your own adaptors.
- The performance area will have adaptors.
- Coach can test music just before performance, enter stage left to sound table
- Teams may enter stage left or right, layout props, take positions
- Announcer will ask are you ready
- Captain acknowledges
- Coach starts/stops music
- Exit stage right
INDIVIDUAL LEAPS & TURNS
- Sequence information
- Students should wear all black for this contest, and a mask is required.
- Check in warm-up room D1 to receive a number. If you are one of the last 2 Varsity teams to dance, you will need to quickly change and then pick up your number in the main room.
- Should be registered in Rank One by Friday, Jan 15
- Payment for registered entries is required regardless of participation
- Verify participation at On-Site Registration
- After performance, performers should return to seats unless held for next round.
SOLO & ENSEMBLE PERFORMANCE
- Registration- COACHES MUST REGISTER AT THE MAYBORN CONVENTION CENTER PRIOR TO GOING TO THE CULTURAL ACTIVITIES CENTER.
- Check-in at the CAC prior to your dressing area assignment as per the scheduled time.
- Dressing Rooms- Dressing rooms are located upstairs and not scheduled.
- Warm-up- scheduled.
- On-Deck- Dancers will wait in the hall gallery and be brought into the performance area at their time.
- Performance- Coaches may test music just after the previous performance.
- Check -Out There is no awards ceremony at the CAC. After performance, wait a couple dances and you will be able to check-out and pick up your coach’s packet with form, awards, and USB drives.
- Seating is limited in this room. Please be courteous to other teams so that their spectators may watch their students perform. You may be asked to step out to allow other spectators to watch their own students.
Team IP will be onsite with TAPPS Memorabilia and Event gear. Their online store will also offer merchandise and can be found at the link below.
All tickets must be purchased online for the event. An event program is also available for purchase. Please click on the link below if you plan to attend the event in person.
The Large Ensemble and Small Ensemble/Solo competitions will be LiveStreamed on the TAPPS TV Network. The link to each LiveStream is found below.
LARGE ENSEMBLE | SMALL ENSEMBLE & SOLO
Event photographs will be available following the competition. The photo can be found on the TAPPS SmugMug account linked below.
Mayborn Magnolia Cafe- Order on-site early to allow time to fulfill order. Items include salads, sandwiches, and other concession foods.
Chick-fil-a, Temple– Call in or order online- Flyer
Jason’s Deli– Call in or order online