Saturday, January 25, 2020
University High School, Waco
3201 S New Rd, Waco, TX 76706
Sponsored by American Dance and Drill Team
8:00 On-site Check-in and Registration begins.
Bring the following to Registration:
- Fees form from TAPPSter. You are responsible for all registered entries. Please include all Individual entries on this form.
- Fees Check made to TAPPS.
- Check for PRE-ORDERED boxed lunches made to UNIVERSITY HIGH SCHOOL DANCE
- Prop agreement
8:45 Coaches meeting in Team Meeting Room located in the main hall behind the gyms.
- American Dance/Drill will welcome coaches.
- Walk though of facility
- Test music
- Expectations of the day
- Prop inspection and storage
SPECTATORS will enter the school from the main Gymnasium entrance marked on the building and are limited to this entrance and foyer to move between gyms.
TEAMS will drive passed the Gymnasium entrance around the building and enter from the opposite side of the gyms from the spectators.
ONLY TEAM MEMBERS AND COACHES WILL BE ABLE TO ENTER FROM THE BACK ENTRANCE.
ONLY TEAM MEMBERS AND COACHES WITH WRIST BANDS WILL BE ALLOWED IN BACK GYM HALL AND CAFETERIA.
ADMISSION: Student and Senior Citizens $7, Adults $12.
Performance Entrances and Exits
In both Gyms: All dancers will enter on judges’ LEFT and exit judges’ LEFT.
Music may be played on CD, iPod or MP3. If bringing a CD, please check your CD on our Music Check equipment to make sure it will read properly. We also ask that you bring a backup on another device, in case your CD does not read on our equipmenet. Please record only one song per CD. All of our equipment will have pitch control on CD’s. However, we encourage you to burn your CD and performance tempo. If you plan to use an iPod or MP3, please have someone at the sound table to start and stop your music on cue from the announcer and do not leave the device with announcer. We will not be responsible for any lost music or devices. If using iPhone, please set on ‘Airplane Mode’ and turn off Bluetooth (if you have been practicing with your blue tooth speaker) so music is not interupted by text, call, or switch to your bluetooth speaker.
Pre-Order Boxed Lunches – Jason’s Deli
Due MONDAY, JANUARY 20
No outside food or drinks allowed into the school.
Concession stand will be open.
Team Photography Information
Due FRIDAY, JANUARY 24
Action photos will be taken of teams that pre-pay and register to be photographed. Please see the link for additional information.
Questions can be sent to Joe
Deadline for Solos and Small ensembles: Wednesday, January 15.
- SOLO OPPORTUNITY: Students desiring to enter a solo in the Dance
- 2:30 min max
- 1 student per solo
- no limit per school on the number of solos
- any dance style except Tap as it can damage the floor.
- Performance for adjudication. If a superior rating is given, they will receive a superior rating medal.
- entry fee $75 per solo. Once registered, fee must be paid.
- entry needs to be in TAPPSter by Wednesday, January 15
- Small Ensembles for adjudication and award
- 2:30 min max
- This may include varsity dancers or junior varsity dancers.
- Ensembles may be 2 or more dancers (duets, trio, small ensembles up to 18 dancers)
- Choose 1 dance type
- Entry due in TAPPSter by Jan 15
- Entry fee due at event $100 per entry
- Individual Entry
- no limit to number of entries per school
- Best High Kick description
- Best Leaps description
- Best Turns description
- Top students are awarded with certificate for Kick Company, Leap Company, Turn Company
- Top student is awarded a medal in each category
- Entry due in TAPPSter by Jan 24
- Entry fee due at event $25 per entry