Frequently Asked Questions:
Who can compete for my school?
- Students presently attending your school in Grades 8 through 12
May I enter more than one group?
- Yes, but only one group can be ranked in the team standings for the event
May instruments other that percussion equipment be used during the performance?
- Yes the following may be used in the competition
Will food be available at the event (concession stand)?
- Food trucks will be on site for concessions and lunch orders
- The lunch order forms need to be turned in to the food trucks after you check in for the event.
Will bathrooms be open at the event site for students to change clothes?
- Yes, Restrooms will be open at the field and the stadium.
Will there be a trainer or medical personnel on site during the contest?
- A trainer will be provided by our partner Southwest Medical
Is there a charge for admission at the event?
- There is no charge for admission
Is there a way for people to watch or listen who cannot attend the event?
- The event will be broadcast on TAPPS TV
- The event will be broadcast on TAPPS RADIO
Will there be a photographer at the event and pictures available afterwards?
- There will be photographer on site
- Pictures will be made available through our partner – Vidigami
Will there be memorabilia commemorating the event available?
- Yes, TEAM IP will be on site with DRUMLINE T-SHIRTS and TAPPS 2.0 GEAR
Is there a plan in the event of bad weather during the competition?
- Yes, TAPPS monitors the weather conditions at all events with the help of our partners, Earth Networks.
- The TAPPS staff will have reviewed the Emergency Action Plan for the facilities and directors will be notified in advance of procedures