Employment listings are a service of the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools, and are posted as a courtesy to both TAPPS schools and individuals. For accuracy of information contact the individuals or TAPPS schools directly. Please contact the TAPPS office at [email protected] if you would like to post an announcement here. When your position has been filled/found please notify the TAPPS office and reference the posting date so this page will remain accurate. Postings will be removed as space is needed.
The Emery/Weiner School is a private, college-preparatory school located in Houston, TX. Our campus provides an exceptional setting for learning and growth. Located on 17 acres, we have excellent academic, athletic and art facilities. We are committed to being a community that makes a difference in student’s lives and look for coaches that care about kids, care about community, and want be difference makers themselves.
Our current openings are below:
- Asst. Varsity Football
- Asst. Varsity Baseball
- Varsity Boys Soccer
- MS Soccer
- MS Basketball
- Varsity Girls Lacrosse
- MS Tennis
- Varsity Golf
We offer competitive stipends for our part time coaching positions. We do not have any full-time positions open at this time. Please send a resume to the Director of Athletics, Angie Gubitz ([email protected]), if interested.
The Covenant School is currently taking applications for the following coaching positions. All positions are part-time stipend only positions. The Covenant School is committed to attracting and retaining exceptional faculty and staff to carry our mission. We seek talented, dedicated, experienced professionals to join our team.
- Soccer: Head Varsity Girls Coach
- Volleyball: Head JV Volleyball Coach
- Cross Country: Assistant Varsity Coach
- Cheer: Assistant Varsity Coach
The Covenant School’s athletic program exists to help fulfill the school’s mission and to complement the classical, Christ-centered education. Athletics plays an integral part in our school as we partner with students, parents, teachers, coaches and administrators in educating the mind, body and soul. The pursuit of excellence exceeds the focus of temporal accolades as we attempt to prepare the student for a lifetime and not just a season.
Non Discriminatory Policy:
Covenant is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. However, within its legal capacity as a nonprofit religious organization, the School reserves the right to carefully and fully explore the religious values, faith, and convictions (including personal conduct) of applicants and employees in order to employ those individuals who support, advance, and live in a manner consistent with the School’s doctrinal statement and Biblical position.
Mercy Culture Preparatory (Formerly Calvary Christian Academy) in Fort Worth, A Full Gospel, Spirit Filled, Christ centered 4K-12th grade TAPPS 2A school is looking for the following coaching and teaching positions for the 2022-2023 school year. Each candidate must be a full gospel, spirit filled believer willing to be teachable and humble in the ways of the Lord. As well as follow our mission to partner with families to develop Kingdom leaders by equipping the whole student, Spirit, mind, and body, through presence-driven discipleship. This must be seen in their daily walk as a teacher, coach, and believer in Christ.
Elementary PE Teacher / Coach
This Job will be paired with JH Volleyball Head Coach as well as Assistant HS volleyball Coach. They will need to help run the volleyball program with the Varsity Volleyball Coach. The spiritual aspect of our school is very important. These are some of the responsibilities of the position. This position will start immediately and is a full time position.
- Engages students in the learning process through direct and collaborative instruction
- Creates a classroom environment that encourages positive social interaction, active engagement, and supports high expectations for learning
- Provides appropriate classroom instruction and assessment, incorporating a biblical worldview, across all subject areas
- Maintains accurate gradebook records and posts lesson plans weekly
- Maintains clear, open, professional communication with team members, parents, and other school employees
- Lifelong learner who willingly participates in professional development that enhances skills in both subject matter and management of the classroom.
- Fosters warm relationships with students and simultaneously maintains classroom control and learning
- Be responsible for the orderly decor, arrangement, appearance, and learning environment of the classroom
- Follows the guidelines of the curriculum and best practices for the subject
- Flexible and willing to do what is necessary for the betterment of the school
- Be able to handle a crisis both large and small
- Exhibits a willingness to participate in the school community by supporting sponsoring, and/or leading extracurricular activities
- This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required as an active participant in the mission of MC PREP. Additional duties are regularly performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
This candidate needs to be an experienced Microsoft, Outlook and MS Teams. Responsibilities include: scheduling, keeping Rankone up to date, managing athletic facilities schedule, travel plans for athletics booking hotels and buses and several other administrative duties. Assist the AD in the daily duties of running an athletic program from 5th to 12th grade. This position will be stipend or full time if paired with coaching duties. This will be paired with an elementary coaching position in the area of girls volleyball and girls basketball. The candidate needs to organizational skills and be able to juggle multiple jobs at the same time.
Frassati Catholic High School in Spring, TX is looking to fill two coaching positions:
- JV/Assistant Boys Soccer (October-February)
- Assistant Girls Soccer (October-February)
These positions are stipend-only. Candidates should complete the application at https://www.frassaticatholic.org/employment
Hyde Park in Austin is looking for stipend coaches in:
- Girls Soccer
- Boys Soccer
- Boys Basketball
- Varsity Cheer
Please apply at the following: https://csssmca.sentrichr.com/#Sm9iT3BlbmluZ3N8fA==
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Southwest Christian School (Fort Worth, TX) is seeking a secondary coach for our High School Football Program. Previous coaching experience or having played at a high level is a plus but not a requirement. Candidates must align with the mission of Southwest Christian School and have strong communication skills with players, parents, and other coaches.
Bay Area Christian School (4A) has the following coaching opportunities available in our continuously growing Athletic Department for the 2022-23 school year.
An additional $500 per sport will be added to the stipend amount each season if the coach has an active Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
Please complete the employment application for consideration. Click Here to Apply: https://form.jotform.com/210605721119042
If you have questions or need help with anything related to employment, please contact the HR Team directly: [email protected]
Please send resume to HR Team Directly.
HS Baseball Assistant Coach
O’Connell College Preparatory in Galveston invites applications for our Head Six-Man Football Coach. Highest priority is given to candidates with a college degree and/or experience at high school level. Working at O’Connell College Preparatory requires a commitment to the mission and values of the school, as well as an enthusiasm for contributing to its co-curricular programs. This is a part-time stipend position ONLY.
• Applicants for the position should have experience coaching a highly competitive level of high school aged students in the respective activity.
Providence Classical School in Spring, TX is searching for a Head Boys Varsity Basketball Coach and Full-time PE teacher who loves the Lord, loves basketball, and loves pouring into athletes. Please send cover letter including a bit of your Christian testimony and resume to [email protected]
Living Rock Academy in Bulverde is seeking coaches who strive for excellence, live by Biblical principles, and want to be part of a growing program. A qualified candidate is one who has an evident relationship with Christ, acts as a mentor and role model, and exhibits a strong desire to maximize potential in our student-athletes in and outside of their sports.
Living Rock Academy is currently accepting applications for the following coaching positions for the 2022-2023 school year:
- Varsity/Middle School Cheer Coach
- Middle School 6-Man Football Head Coach
- Middle School Girls Volleyball Coach
- Varsity Girls Basketball Head Coach
- Varsity Girls Basketball Assistant Coach
- Middle School Girls Basketball Coach
- Varsity/Middle School Golf Coach
- Varsity Track Head Coach
All positions are part-time and paid on a stipend basis.
Hyde Park – Assistant Cheer Coach
Hyde Park is a Christ-centered educational institution which prides itself on faith integration inside and outside the classroom. The cheer team is no exception to this standard. Coaching the Hyde Park cheer team will include the opportunity to encourage and lead student athletes on their Christian journey in addition to assisting in the improvement of their cheerleading skillset.
- Responsible for scheduling, attending, and helping run all practices – The cheer team currently meets for practice three times a week and a similar schedule is expected to be maintained
- Responsible for pre-game preparation and assisting in planning school-wide pep rallies
- Expected to attend, and lead the cheer team’s involvement at, athletic events throughout the year, including home/away football games, home basketball games, etc.
- Responsible for communication with athletes and parents on all issues pertaining to the well-being of the team
- Liaison with Varsity, TAAPS, and NCA representatives to facilitate camp and competition attendance
- Accountable to Hyde Park’s Athletics, working in conjunction with the Athletic Director and other coaches
- High School graduate
- Open and excited about leading a Christ-centered athletic team
- Cheer background preferred
- Flexibility with primary job if currently employed elsewhere
TCA Addison is looking for a gifted, Christ follower for a Varsity Receiver’s position. If you are interested in this PART-TIME position, please email your resume to [email protected] by 7/18.
The Atonement Catholic Academy (San Antonio, TX)
The Atonement Catholic Academy strives for excellence in the physical, the intellectual and the spiritual virtues through a challenging course of classical and Catholic education. The Atonement Catholic Academy’s Athletic Program aligns with the mission of the school and is designed to support the development of our athlete’s intellectual, spiritual, and physical virtues. The athletic staff works year round to form student-athletes into young men and women of integrity, character, and physical excellence.
TACA is now accepting applications for the following position for the 2022-23 School Year:
- Head Football Coach Varsity plus second sport. Additional stipend will be added for MS Football. This is a part-time stipend only position but with possibilities to a full-time position if there are openings. Candidate reports to athletic director and head coach.
- Head Baseball Coach Middle School plus second sport. This is a part-time stipend only position but with possibilities to a full-time position if there are openings. Candidate reports to athletic director and head coach.
- Head MS Volleyball Coach, Assistant Varsity Volleyball Coach
Qualified candidates, please email a letter of interest and resume with references to Carlos A. Miranda, Athletic Director: [email protected]
Lucas Christian Academy (TAPPS 3A) is now accepting applications for the following Positions for the 2022-23 School Year:
Head Boys Basketball
Basketball varsity assistant
Two Middle School volleyball
Cross Country varsity
Middle School baseball
All interested applicants should send an updated resume to: Harry Everett, Director of Student Service and Athletics, [email protected]
Bethesda Christian School (Fort Worth, TX) is currently seeking a dynamic, charismatic, head middle school soccer coach and assistant varsity soccer coach. The top candidate will be a person of strong Christian character and faith, following the mission and vision of the Bethesda community and viewing athletics as their ministry to mentor young men and women to be champions on and off the field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively within the Bethesda Soccer coaching staff and the Bethesda Athletics department
- Works collaboratively with the Athletic Director to maintain eligibility information, follow standard policies and procedures, and maintain TAPPS guidelines
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practices and competition
- Coaches and instructs players individually and in groups, regarding the rules, regulation, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Assess player’s skill and assign team positions
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement
- Determines game strategy based on the team’s capabilities
- Established and maintains standards of pupil behavior and always provides proper supervision of athletes
- Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met
- Follows established procedures in the events of an athlete’s injury
- Model’s sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conducts towards players, officials, and spectators
- Acts a team representative, communicating with parents, athletes, and administration
- Follows established procedures for the proper care, maintenance, and requisitioning of equipment, supplies, and uniforms
All interested candidates should send their resume to Athletic Director Drew Edwards at [email protected].
Southwest Christian School (Fort Worth, TX) is seeking an assistant volleyball coach for our High School Program. The candidate should have previous volleyball coaching experience or have played at a high level. They must also align with the mission of Southwest Christian School and have strong communication skills with players, parents, and other coaches.
Prince of Peace Christian School (Carrollton, TX) is seeking a CDL-holding bus driver to serve in the athletic department
Athletic Department Bus Driver
This opening is part-time and in an as needed basis – transporting athletic teams to and from competition between the months of August and May. Availability is a key factor for all applicants – the vast majority of drive times would be on the days of Mon/Tue & Thu/Fri between the hours of 2:00p and 10:00p, pending game schedules. Interested candidates please contact Athletic Director, Tyler Burke at [email protected]. Please attach your resume containing all related work experience.
Covenant Christian Academy in Colleyville (between Dallas/Fort Worth) is accepting resumes for the following coach positions:
- Head of Program for Swim (Boys and Girls) – Looking for someone with junior high and high school age experience who knows and loves swim, people, and is Christ-centered; but also is discipleship driven who can coach, build a program, and be a leader for our athletes on and off the field of play. This would be a stipend position unless paired with one of the full-time positions listed below.
- Volleyball Assistant Coach and JV Head Coach – Looking for someone with junior high and high school age experience who knows and loves volleyball, people, and is Christ-centered; but also is great at teaching fundamentals and able to support our new head coach. This would be a stipend position unless paired with one of the full-time positions listed below
- MARKETING DIRECTOR (Full Time)
- AP/DUAL CREDIT BIOLOGY (Part-Time with potential Full-Time schedule)
- HIGH SCHOOL MATH TEACHER (Full Time)
- HIGH SCHOOL SPANISH TEACHER (Part-Time with potential Full-Time schedule)
- MIDDLE SCHOOL LATIN TEACHER (Full Time)
- ELEMENTARY TEACHER (Full Time)
I am Richard Nevins and I am looking at a basketball coaching position at the high school level. I have 20 years experience in coaching basketball at several prestigious private schools including St. Agnes, Houston Christian, ST. Thomas and Second Baptist.
In addition, I coached at various levels for several AAU programs. I have been successful at all levels by stressing strong fundamentals and team attitude. If you want to energize your basketball program and guarantee that your players learn the game of basketball and life, on an off the court, please contact me.
I’m my name is Darren Damewood E.M.,C.; and I’m looking for temporary/contract, part-time or full-time work with one or more of your schools.
Having been in the Athletic Equipment Management field for over 20 years; my dedication and passion for this profession has led me to open “D-Wood’s Athletic Equipment Services” – a mobile equipment sanitation and management business located in the DFW area. The mission is to take care of those youth, school-aged, collegiate, or amateur athletes, team, or leagues, who normally wouldn’t have access to a professionally certified equipment manager.
I’m an AEMA Certified Athletic Equipment Management Coordinator with years of extensive experience (NCAA D1, NCAA D3, AFL, Semi-Pro & youth football) poised to leverage a wealth of knowledge and expertise in sanitation, management, and operations consulting to continue to propel athletes and teams to success.
Recognized for providing advice and guidance to athletic staff & students in health and safety equipment requirements. Orchestrated the procurement of athletic equipment and uniforms while remaining under budget and within time constraints. Propeled financial success through accurate and detailed budget development for individual athletic programs, conferring with coaches to review purchases and maintenance of equipment. Instrumental in preparing and updating a variety of records and reports concerning all athletic equipment and uniforms. Key point of contact in negotiating with vendors/wholesalers for purchasing discounts.
Areas of Expertise include:
• Athletic Equipment Operations
• Athletic Facilities Improvements
• Athletic Equipment Inventory Management
• Proper Equipment Maintenance
• Proactive Injury Prevention
• Operational Development & Logistics
• Strategic Planning & Analysis
• Competitive Leadership
If I can help out any of your member schools in the DFW area, please let me know or pass along my info.
My name is Mitchell Marquis, and I am looking for a head baseball position in the Houston area.
My previous coaching positions include being a student assistant baseball coach at the University of Texas at Tyler, Tyler All Saints assistant football and baseball coach, as well as coaching football, basketball and baseball at Danbury ISD. I am currently serving as an assistant varsity coach at Bay Area Christian school.
Please email me for further information as well as my resume.