Employment listings are a service of the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools, and are posted as a courtesy to both TAPPS schools and individuals. For accuracy of information contact the individuals or TAPPS schools directly. Please contact the TAPPS office at [email protected] if you would like to post an announcement here. When your position has been filled/found please notify the TAPPS office and reference the posting date so this page will remain accurate. Postings will be removed as space is needed.
Second Baptist School is currently seeking a VARSITY FOOTBALL OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR for the 23-24 Season.
- Position Title: Varsity Football Assistant Coach
- Campus Location: SBS Woodway
- Reports To: Director of Athletics
The goal of the Department of Athletics at Second Baptist School is to provide an environment of competition, cooperation and teamwork for our students that glorifies God and provides valuable life lessons. Winning the contest is important to any competitor, but the lessons learned in the heat of competition are the most important attributes to be gained from the contest.
A Second Baptist School coach must be able to plan, organize and implement an appropriate athletic program that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their potential as an athlete, but more importantly, as an outstanding citizen. SBS offers a wide variety of teams to choose from and coaches encourage all students to try out for any and all sports offered. Coaching work is performed under the supervision of the director of athletics. The ideal candidate must:
- Have a personal and passionate relationship with Jesus Christ and a calling to serve as a positive Christian role model to our students
- Be a dedicated and loyal team member supporting all school level activities and school-wide initiatives
- Possess a strong desire to coach and develop athletes in both the middle and upper school levels
- Be committed to carrying out the policies and procedures of the SBS athletic handbook and assume responsibilities for all matters assigned by the school and the director of athletics
- Be committed to all of the ministries of Second Baptist Church and a model of faithfulness in weekly Bible study and worship services
- Be a responsible steward of the school’s resources and personally support the school’s fundraising efforts at a level as able
To perform this job successfully, candidates must:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution
- Have prior experience in coaching and/or collegiate playing experience
- Possess the ability to mentor student athletes in their Christian faith, athletic skills and life skills
- Be adept at engaging with student athletes and families; helpful in making parents confident in their choice of Second Baptist School
- Understand and embrace Christian education, having a biblical perspective on athletics and competition
- Be able to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
- Be personable, energetic and approachable
- Report to work on a regular and punctual basis
- Be committed to further education in a related field
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Be willing to collaborate with colleagues
- Be proficient in technology
Coaching experience, teacher certification and/or prior knowledge of Second Baptist Church and School will be considered a plus. Candidates should request an application to begin the process.
St. Mary’s Catholic in Longview, Texas is currently searching for additional coaching help. Positions for the 2023-2024 school year include middle school coaches for basketball and assistant coaches for high school sports (volleyball, basketball, & soccer). The positions could be a full-time position, if the applicant can fill a teaching opening at the school, grades PreK-12th grade. The positions could also be a stipend only, depending on qualifications. Additional coaching positions could be tied to this hire.
St. Mary’s is a TAPPS 1A school. Located in East Texas (Longview), the school is currently celebrating 75 years of Catholic education in Longview.
Christian Heritage Classical School in Longview,TX is searching for a Varsity Head Volleyball Coach.
Cypress Christian School (4A) – Houston is accepting applications for a Varsity Head volleyball coach/teacher. This position is full-time in combination with a teaching role, or stipend for the right candidate.
The position can be combined with:
- Elementary PE
- TX History
CCS is seeking a coach who demonstrates a passion and commitment to Christ and is actively involved in a local church. Qualified candidates, please send a letter of interest and resume to Athletic Director, Drew Sells [email protected] and apply online https://cypresschristian.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
June Shelton School & Evaluation Center enjoys the distinction of being the world’s largest independent school for bright children with learning differences. Founded in 1976, Shelton is dedicated to making a difference by serving and empowering the lives of students who learn differently. While the school is clearly the centerpiece of its mission, Shelton is more than a school. It encompasses three other major components, all open to the community—a speech and language therapy program, an evaluation center, and a teacher-training program. Shelton is actively involved with research and collaborates with major medical institutions in the Dallas area, including Children’s Medical Center and UT Southwestern Medical Center. The Shelton School is a co-educational, non-sectarian school that serves approximately 900 students with learning differences in grades EC to 12. The Shelton School is accredited by Independent Schools Association of the Southwest (ISAS).
We are interested in adding new coaches to our program’s team that can help build a winning culture for what is a growing Division 3 school.
The Head Football Coach role is a full-time position in conjunction with a Teaching Assignment. The Head Coach is responsible for teaching student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport. Works closely with student athletes to develop good character on and off the field. Assists teachers, counselors, and other school personnel with student athlete attendance, academics, and behavior in and out of football season.
- Experience as a head football coach, preferred, or five years as an assistant coach at the high
- school or college level.
- Experience working with students with Learning Differences preferred.
- Knowledge of Learning differences preferred.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Collaborate with Strength & Conditioning Coordinator in developing a program to increase each athlete’s individual growth.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the Athletic Director & Assistant Athletic Director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Assigns duties to assistant coach(es) as necessary.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Determine individual player overall team abilities, strengths, and weaknesses, and factoring these into the gameplay and strategy sessions.
- Conducting research and analyzing previous games to develop game plans, tactics, techniques, formations, and strategies.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
- Monitors the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Conferences with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding the athletic performance of their student.
- Follows national, TAPPS (Texas Association of Private & Parochial Schools), and Shelton School regulations governing the athletic program.
- Model sportsman like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
- Acts as a team representative and promotes the sport by communicating with the news media, booster clubs, service clubs, local community, and other organizations.
- Works with the Athletic Director & Assistant Athletic Director to develop a policy for awards and submits a list of award winners at the end of the season.
- Participates in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, award nights, pep rallies, etc.
- Maintains all forms such as equipment inventory, and other related records as required by the Athletic Department.
- Models non discriminatory practices in all activities.
- Encouraging players to engage in other sports and to live a healthy life.
- The duties identified above are illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar,
- related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Attends staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
- Football Locker Room Maintenance and Supervision.
- Maintain TAPPS eligibility and compliance for student athletes/coaches
- Field maintenance as required
- Organize clinics for all football coaches and those volunteering
- Issue & Collection of all equipment, supplies, etc. associated with the football program.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Athletic Director, Assistant Athletic Director, Executive Director or other appropriate administrators.
Covenant Christian Academy in Colleyville (between Dallas/Fort Worth) is accepting resumes for the following coach positions:
- Head Girls Basketball Coach to lead the program and oversee all basketball areas including JV, JH, and the youth programs. Looking for someone with high school-age experience who knows and loves the game but also is discipleship driven and can coach, build a program and lead our girls on and off the court. This could be a full-time position if coupled with the AAA position below. We are re-implementing our girl’s program and are committed to making it a success. Our plan is to start with JH and grow the program from the bottom up and then nurture the JH group moving forward. Our goal is to prepare for TAPPS competition and re-establish HS district TAPPS play within 2-3 years.
- Athletic Administrative Assistant – (Full Time) Responsible for assisting the Athletic Director with communication, game schedules, transportation schedules, athlete records, game day preparations, special projects, and clerical support. Must have proven administrative experience, excellent communication skills, attention to detail, capacity to multi-task, ability to work independently, and strong organizational skills. Experience with social media, MS Office, and Google Docs are essential.
- JH Volleyball Head Coach and Assistant in High School: (Stipend Position)
- Assistant Boys and Girls Basketball Coaches for JH and Varsity: (Stipend Position)
For the 2023-24 school year. At this time, we do have some full-time teaching and staff positions available – please visit our website which is updated weekly: https://www.covenantchristian.net/employment
Colleyville Covenant is a special place. We are looking for full and part-time (stipend) coaches who demonstrate a passion and commitment to Christ and excellence in academics and athletics. Submit resume to [email protected]
Faith West Academy in Katy, Tx is currently seeking
*JH Head Coach/Assistant HS Track
Qualifications for the position are:
- a personal relationship with Jesus Christ,
- minimum of 2 years coaching Track and Field
- ability to oversee the middle school Track & Field program and track meets
- communicate and work well with athletic director, families and other coaches
- organized and attentive to details in scheduling and overseeing JH athletes
- effective leadership and coaching skills to set a positive example for student/athletes
- other coaching opportunities could be available if qualified
Interested candidates should send resumes to athletic director, David Adams at [email protected]
Frassati Catholic High School in Spring, TX is looking to fill several coaching positions:
JV/Assistant Varsity Baseball
Interested candidates should complete the application at https://www.frassaticatholic.org/employment
Fort Worth Christian School
Head Varsity Cheer Coach – Fort Worth Christian School
This position is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the Cheer program, including the middle school program and coach, with a Christian worldview and a high level of sport expertise. Also responsible for developing a solid sideline presence, fostering school spirit, and safely practicing and competing. This individual will plan, coordinate and communicate all travel, expenses, budgeting, and event participation for the cheer program. They will supervise weight training, attend choreography training, plan and attend practices year-round, attend all home and be willing to transport to away football games, and all playoff games of other sports. The Coach will plan and coordinate pep rallies and will attend and supervise all cheerleaders at a specified cheer camp, and possibly additional events.
Previous head coaching experience at the high school or club level preferred.
Must complete all Coaching training/requirements before working with our athletes including CPR/AED training.
A Christ-follower who seeks to disciple others.
This is a part-time role. Practices and games occur before and after the school day.
We have very competitive compensation.
For more information, please contact Associate Athletic Director Lauren Smeds at:
To apply for this position, go to: fwc.org/about/employment
Deadline to apply is January 31st.
Temple Christian School in Fort Worth seeks a qualified applicant for the following positions: Assistant Varsity Football Coach. The candidate must be a born-again Christian who is committed to the mission of the school, and possesses the experience, dedication and expertise to coach the assigned positions in football. This is a part-time stipend-only position and does not include a teaching position.
Assistant Middle School Football Coach – The candidate must be a born-again Christian who is committed to the mission of the school, and possesses the experience, dedication and expertise to coach the assigned positions in football. This is a part-time stipend-only position and does not include a teaching position.
Please submit your resume to Jeremy Bailey, Head Football Coach at [email protected]
- Assume complete responsibility for all aspects of the JV or Junior High Volleyball program including the planning and running of all practices.
- Establish positive relationships with coaches, athletes, parents, and faculty members.
- Have evidence of a mature Christian faith.
- Conduct themselves in a Christ-like and professional manner during all games and practices.
- Know and comply with all TAPPS policies and procedures.
- Embrace the core mission/vision of Grace Prep Academy.
- Be in agreement with the school’s Statement of Faith as stated on the website.
- Approach competition as a healthy and constructive exercise, not as a life and death struggle that requires victory at any price.
- Stress academic achievement with our athletes at every opportunity.
Job Requirements for both positions
The qualified applicant will:
- Have previous volleyball coaching experience.
- Possess sound knowledge of the sport of volleyball.
- Communicate effectively with players and parents.
- Lead student-athletes with competitive energy and formative care.
- Come alongside the Head Coach to develop players within the program.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the latest trends, developments, rule changes and modifications in the sport.
- Be a professional in both conduct and appearance.
- Have experience in maintaining a competitive atmosphere that is conducive to team building.
- Be a person of sound moral character and judgement.
- Degree preferred.
Additional Job Requirement for Junior High position
The qualified applicant will:
- Be available for morning practices.
The positions of JV and Junior High Volleyball Coach are part-time, stipend-only, positions. As seasonal employees, coaches are not eligible for benefits as outlined within the GPA Employee/Faculty Policy Handbook. The qualified applicant may apply separately for other positions, on campus, as they become available.
To apply, submit a letter of interest and resume to the Head Volleyball Coach, Heather Jones at [email protected].
- Head Girls Volleyball
- Varsity Receivers
- Assistant Varsity Track
Head Volleyball with PE/Health plus 2nd Sport (Avg. HISD/FBISD pay scale, plus competitive coaching stipends and great benefits)
Our Volleyball program has a rich tradition of success having been TAPPS 6A State Champions 2/3 times in recent years (2019, 2020 R-U, 2021). St. Agnes Academy, an all-girl private high school in Houston, Texas, has earned 107 State titles in athletics and annually competes against some of the best private and public schools in the state. We offer 13 different sports during three seasons and have more than 500 students involved in at least one of our 36 teams.
Apply here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1471008/St-Agnes-Academy/Head-Volleyball-Coach-and-PE-Teacher-2023-2024
Frassati Catholic High School in Spring, TX is looking to fill several coaching positions:
JV/Assistant Varsity Football
These positions are stipend-only, and not connected to a teaching position.
Candidates should complete the application at https://www.frassaticatholic.org/employment
The Winston School of Dallas is seeking a process driven Varsity and Middle School Golf Coach. A coach with patience and a positive attitude that understands the importance of repetition and skill development for youth student athletes would be a great fit for our school. The job description is attached.
Living Rock Academy in Bulverde, TX is seeking coaches who strive for excellence, live by Biblical principles, and desire to help build a growing program. A qualified candidate is one who has an evident relationship with Christ, acts as a mentor and role model, and aspires to maximize potential in our student-athletes in and outside of their sports. Experience coaching at the middle and high school levels is preferable.Living Rock Academy is currently accepting applications for the following middle/high school coaching positions for the 2023 Spring sports season:
- Track & Field (season: beginning Feb – beginning May):
- Head (coaches one of the above areas)
- Golf (season: beginning Feb – end Apr):
All positions are paid on a stipend.Please contact Living Rock Academy’s Athletic Director, Aaron Sommer, at [email protected].
The Covenant School is currently taking applications for the following coaching positions. All positions are part-time stipend only positions. The Covenant School is committed to attracting and retaining exceptional faculty and staff to carry our mission. We seek talented, dedicated, experienced professionals to join our team.
- Varsity Football – Defensive Coordinator
The Covenant School’s athletic program exists to help fulfill the school’s mission and to complement the classical, Christ-centered education. Athletics plays an integral part in our school as we partner with students, parents, teachers, coaches and administrators in educating the mind, body and soul. The pursuit of excellence exceeds the focus of temporal accolades as we attempt to prepare the student for a lifetime and not just a season.
Trinity Christian Academy Willow Park (TAPPS 4A) is seeking an experienced head girls volleyball coach capable of overseeing and growing a program from elementary teams through varsity. Evidence of a mature Christian faith and the ability to mentor our young ladies into a deeper relationship with Christ is required. This individual must be an outstanding teacher and tactician capable of excelling in one of the state’s best districts. Teaching positions for the 2023-24 school year are flexible for the right candidate. Stipend-only candidates will also be considered. Resumes can be emailed to Bryan Marmion, Athletic Director, at [email protected].
John Paul II-Plano has an opening for Head Volleyball coach. Qualifications: Effective communication and interpersonal skills. Positive attitude towards students, staff and faculty. Must have a bachelor’s degree. Previous head coaching experience at the high school level or beyond desired. Possess strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal). Responsibilities: Organize and run effective practices. Attend Volleyball games and practices within the program while utilizing positive coaching technique. Learn and adhere to rules specific to TAPPS competition. Communicate clearly and consistently with student-athletes, parents and school administration. Evaluate athlete performance and provide real-time suitable feedback, balancing criticism with positivity and motivation. Model inclusion when welcoming new athletes, despite skill level or experience. Stipend position with the possibility of a full-time position available depending upon experience. All interested please send your resume to [email protected]
Sacred Heart in Muenster- TAPPS 2A is seeking a candidate to fill the opening of our Girls Volleyball Head Coach. There is potential for a stipend only, full-time and part-time teaching positions to be included. Candidates may inquire with our Principal Nisa Lagle at [email protected] or Athletic Director Cody Wilson at [email protected]
Plano John Paul II High School is looking for a Head Men’s Lacrosse coach. Must have previous head coaching experience. This is a stipend only position. All interested please send your resume to [email protected]
Covenant Christian School – Conroe CCS is currently looking for stipend positions in the following areas for the 2023 spring season and the 2023 fall season. These positions could be part-time/stipend or combined with a full-time position depending on the applicants’ qualifications and experience. Available full time positions can be found, as they come available, at Employment Opportunities | Covenant Christian School – Conroe | Texas (ccsconroe.org)
We are currently in the middle of transitioning to 11-man football. Our junior high and JV teams will both be playing 11-man football during the 2023 season while our varsity will continue to compete in 6-man football for another season.
The following coaching position are available;
- Middle School Head Track Coach (2023 Spring)
- Middles School Assistant Track Coach (2023 Spring)
- JV Football (11-man) – Coordinator
- JV Football (11-man) Assistant Football – DL, WR, DB
- Multiple Junior High Assistant Football (11-man)
Covenant Christian is a fast growing Christian school in north Conroe with the desire and drive to become one of the premier institutions in the state. All applicants must be committed to walking in THE TRUTH daily and committed to excellence as God’s grace has compelled to do. All applicants must also agree and align with the school mission statement and core values listed below.
Covenant Christian School cultivates a distinctive generation that pursues the preeminence of Christ in all aspects of life and culture.
Covenant Christian School is committed to the academic, spiritual, physical, and social growth of our children in a Christ-centered environment. Building on a solid foundation based on Biblical principles, our school complements the home and church and prepares our children for an ever-changing world.
Glorify God – We seek to glorify God in all activities and relationships as well as in the use of the resources God has given us. Our Christian faith in God is woven into the fabric of Covenant, its classes, clubs, activities, rehearsals, performances, practices, and games.
Partnership – We view education as a partnership between faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni, and board members. Covenant is a community where we work together and encourage one another to achieve our individual and common goals. Open communication is central to this partnership.
Truth – We acknowledge absolute truth, as revealed in God’s Word, and its relevance to our lives. Covenant’s teachers and staff are committed to helping students discover the truth and think critically in the classroom and in real life.
Respect – Each person is created in God’s image and therefore is treated with respect. Respect is at the foundation of all we do – respect for one another and for one another’s ideas.
Excellence – Continuous improvement and the pursuit of excellence underlies all that we do – academically, creatively, and athletically. It is our goal to help each student, faculty, and staff member achieve his or her very best.
Honesty – Our relationships and academic performance are based on honesty and fairness. Covenant is a safe place. Our work is safe from being copied. There is trust between the students and faculty. We compete fairly and with integrity.
If you are interested in employment opportunities at Covenant, please send your resume to AD Joseph Garcia at [email protected]
If you are also interested in the full time positions please visit Teacher Application | Covenant Christian School – Conroe | Texas (ccsconroe.org) to fill out the online application process.
Frassati Catholic High School in Spring, TX is looking to fill several coaching positions:
JV/Assistant Baseball (January-May)
Assistant Track (January-May)
JV/Assistant Varsity Football
Howdy, my name is Darbi Dorrough! I will be graduating in May from Texas A&M University with a Bachelor’s of Science concentrating in Kinesiology, Exercise and Sport Science, and a minor in Coaching. Upon graduation, I would love to make my way into the coaching field, although I have had previous experience. I have helped as an assistant volleyball coach at a private school in East Texas for about 3 years. Additionally, I have club experience. The fall of 2021 – spring of 2022, I worked as an assistant coach for Aggie Elite Volleyball based out of College Station. Much of my experience has been centered around the sport of volleyball, but I also have a love for the game of basketball. I would be comfortable with coaching it as well. Just wanted to put my name out there! Feel free to contact me: [email protected]
Hello! My name is Steve Stanley, and I’m currently the Head Football Coach at a Christian School in Florida. My wife and I just had our first child, and we will be relocating to Texas where my wife’s family is so that our daughter can grow up around them. We are moving to the McKinney area, but I am looking to get into a school/program that is anywhere around the Dallas area. We have jobs lined up if need be, but I’m really wanting to continue coaching if possible. I also have championship coordinator experience at the collegiate level, IMG Academy, and other successful programs in Florida. This year as a head coach, we improved the program’s record from 2-8 to 6-4 in our first season. I ideally would love to be within a Christian program, but I am more than open to any opportunity. If you have any interest in speaking with me or know of any openings, my email is [email protected]
Arlene F. Ford
My name is Joseph Daley. I am seeking a coaching position full time or stipend in football, basketball, and baseball/softball. I have played baseball and football (offensive and defensive line) at the high school level in Texas. I have been an assistant coach in basketball and offseason football (as a long-term sub) at Central Jr. High School, and coached youth sports and at camps throughout the mid cities area for a decade. Helping players develop and get better is what I am very good at as well as helping good players become great. I know I can make a great addition to a coaching staff if giving the opportunity. You can reach me at [email protected] or at 817-305-1863.
My name is Jon Obas, and my family and I are looking to relocate from the Central Florida area to the great state of Texas in the spring or summer of 2023. I currently serve as an Assistant Athletic Director at one of the most prestigious college predatory schools in the country Montverde Academy. Prior to my current role I have experience as a Basketball Coach and as an operations assistant for both the NBA G League and NBA Summer League. If your program is in need of someone with my skillset feel free to reach me at [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you, Thank you.
My name is Mike McGinnis and I am currently seeking an assistant coach position in the Houston area for the 2023 season. Since 2019 I’ve been an assistant football coach at Katy St. John XXIII. For the first two seasons I coached the D-Line and the past two I’ve been the OLB/SS coach as well as JV DC. I’ve worked as a personal trainer since 2010 and used that experience to help run the strength & conditioning program at SJ23. I graduated from University of Houston B.A. in History. Please email me at [email protected] if you have an opening for the upcoming year and would like me to send you my resume. Thank you.
My name is John Hilton. I relocated to Frisco, TX from the KC area. I am looking for and Assistant Coach opportunity in the area. I stepped away from Public Education and moved into the Corporate world but I would love to find a coaching position with a program in the area. I have over 20 years of coaching experience as an OC and/or HC in KS, MO and CO. I have coached every position on both sides of the ball but my passion is with QB’s and WR’s. I spent 10 of the last 14 years as a HS Athletic Director and Assistant Principal at large high schools in the KC metro. If you have an opening or an anticipated opening on staff for the 2023 season please email me at [email protected] for a resume.
My name is Stroad Lanham and my family and I are looking to relocate to the Dallas/Fort Worth area. I am currently coaching here in Oklahoma as a high school Head Football/Offensive Coordinator and Head Girls Basketball Coach. In my 8 years of coaching I have coached in 3 state title games in 5A at Bishop McGuinness in OKC and as a coordinator I have set school records for yardage. I would love to be a candidate for any openings that my come up. You can reach me at [email protected]