Employment listings are a service of the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools, and are posted as a courtesy to both TAPPS schools and individuals. For accuracy of information contact the individuals or TAPPS schools directly. Please contact the TAPPS office at [email protected] if you would like to post an announcement here. When your position has been filled/found please notify the TAPPS office and reference the posting date so this page will remain accurate. Postings will be removed after 60 days.
The Covenant School in Dallas, TX is looking to fill the following stipend only positions for the 2020/2021 school year.
- Varsity Golf
- Varsity Tennis
- Middle School Golf
Former coaching experience in respective area is desired.
Please send your resume, letter of interest, and a completed Covenant Athletic Department Employment Application to Athletic Director, Jesse Olvera at [email protected]
Teacher. Potential candidates for this full-time position should be experienced, state certified or ACSI certified teachers of English. This position
involves teaching 6th Grade English Language, 6th Grade Reading, and 7th Grade Home Economics. Candidates should have a solid biblical
worldview and be committed to discipleship in the context of teaching and relating to students. Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills
requisite for relating to staff, peers, students and parents should be provided. Candidates must be comfortable utilizing 1:1 technology as a
vehicle for administering all courses and enhancing the learning environment. The teacher will be expected to:
● Evidence a vital relationship with Jesus Christ
● Relate positively to administrators, faculty, students and parents
● Biblically integrate English and Home Economics syllabi, lesson plans, and instruction
● Prepare excellent, engaging lessons that facilitate success for students with a variety of learning needs
● Collaborate with middle school faculty to create an optimum learning experience for all students
● Utilize 1:1 technology as a vehicle for administering courses and enhancing learning in the classroom
● Familiarize themselves with the policies and procedures of Lake Country Christian School and support and implement them in the
classroom and school
If interested, visit www.lccs.org, complete an employment application, and return it to Mark Earwood, [email protected]
If interested please contact Athletic Director, Harry Everett: [email protected]
Bishop Dunne Catholic School Girls Athletics Coordinator Opportunity.
Bishop Dunne Catholic School seeks to hire a girls athletics coordinator who will advance the mission of the school, mentor and develop coaches and student-athletes, and be a positive participant in the school culture, including advancing the Catholic identity of the school, and develop positive relationships with school colleagues, administration and student-athletes.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred. 3-5 years administrative experience, and a coaching background.
Hours: Hours varied upon program needs. Weekend duties include attendance at games and practices, both home and away, unless delegated to a coach or other athletic administrator. This is a 12-month position, with responsibility for sports programing year-round, including summer camps.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Direct Reports: Athletic trainer, game/event personnel, coaches
- Bishop Dunne will have an athletics program that will help develop the whole student and support the mission of the school
- Bishop Dunne will be in compliance with TAPPS and DPL rules
- Bishop Dunne will have a strategic plan for all of athletics that will include both middle school and high school, and will include facilities and budget that will move the school forward
- Bishop Dunne student-athletes will matriculate from middle school to the high school, and our athletes will graduate from the school
- All Bishop Dunne athletic programs will receive the attention of the athletic administrators and be given comparable support financially and in terms of facilities
- Bishop Dunne student-athletes will receive coaching and mentoring to assist them to play at the collegiate level
- Bishop Dunne athletic programs will be competitive in league and district play
- Bishop Dunne coaches will promote the Catholic identity of the school
- The athletics coordinator will play an active role in the school as teacher, administrator or staff member
- The athletics coordinator will participate in admissions activities to support the enrollment efforts
- Bishop Dunne will employ coaches who advance the mission of the athletic program and the school
- In conjunction with the Boys Athletics Coordinator, the Girls Athletics Coordinator:
- sees themself as part of a team of school staff who work together to advance the mission of Bishop Dunne Catholic School
- will be an inspirational leader of staff and student-athletes
- will serve as an advocate for the school and provide guidance and supervision at all athletic events
- will have the ability to think strategically and possess the ability to inspire staff and served as a leadership role model.
- will possess the necessary knowledge and background to oversee the Athletic facilities and grounds for teams and rentals
- will possess an understanding of the financial operations of athletics and work with the business office to ensure adherence to the Athletic budget
- will possess the ability to oversee a strategic plan for athletics to work on improvements over the next 3-5 years
- will understand scheduling and support coaches as they build their team schedules
- will be an excellent and well-organized game manager
- will work to develop parent support groups for all sports and develop and approve fundraising efforts
- will understand and educate coaches in TAPPS and DPL rules
- will hire coaches who know the game and have the highest integrity, who will promote the mission of the school, and inspire and mentor our student athletes
- will embrace the hiring, education, mentoring and evaluation of coaches
All candidates must be able to pass background checks and comply with the Diocese of Dallas Safe Environment Program.
Qualified candidates, please submit each of the following to Anna Lee Friesen, Human Resources, at [email protected]:
- List of 5 references including current supervisor
- Statement of vision for an outstanding Athletic Program
Galveston O’Connell College Preparatory HS (TAPPS 2A) is in search of a Head Baseball Coach for the 2020-21 season, to lead the baseball program while advancing the mission of the school and developing it’s student-athletes.
O’Connell College Preparatory HS is a Catholic, co-educational, college preparatory school, located in Galveston, Texas. O’Connell shares the mission of the Catholic Church to hand down the teachings of Jesus Christ. O’Connell is a community whose vocation is to educate and form the mind, body, spirit, and imagination of our students.
O’Connell College Preparatory invites applications for our HEAD BASEBALL COACH POSITION. Highest priority is given to candidates with a college degree and experience at high school level. Working at O’Connell College Preparatory requires a commitment to the mission and values of the school, as well as an enthusiasm for contributing to its co-curricular programs.
• Applicants for the position should have experience coaching a competitive level of high school aged students in the respective activity.
• Possess a superior knowledge of the sport assigned including, but not limited to, knowledge of training and conditioning techniques that are applicable.
• Positive and effective oral and written communication skills.
• Equip the players in training drills during the practice sessions.
• Perform all head coaching duties for the baseball team.
• 2-3 years of coaching in a high school system (Or similar experience)
College degree preferred (But not necessary depending on experience)
• Part-time stipend position.
• Not eligible for benefits
To Apply: Please send resume, and cover letter to [email protected]
Living Rock Academy is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Head of School to take the leadership role of our PreK-12 campus in the beautiful Texas Hill Country in Bulverde.
The Head of School serves in a leadership position between the staff/faculty and the Board of Directors and actively promotes the school to all stakeholders and the community. They serve as the leader of the school and are responsible for LRA’s daily operations and carrying out the board established mission and values.
Required Christian Qualities:
- Born again Christian and Christian role model whose Godly lifestyle and character demonstrate obedience to God and the scriptures
- An active member or participant of a community church
- Demonstrated evidence of spiritual leadership, maturity and prayerfulness
- Accepts LRA’s Statement of Faith
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in the field of education or a similar field
- Master’s degree in educational leadership or similar field preferred
- Current ASCI and State Administrator certification OR the ability to attain the certification within six months of employment
- Minimum of five years of educational experience with three years in the area of Administration
Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Foster an environment of open communication and continuous feedback with students, parents, faculty and staff
- Maintain and update school policy manuals for students, parents, faculty and staff
- Direct and coordinate campus safety, security, maintenance and use of campus facilities
- Oversee the technology for instructional and administration needs
- Drive the daily operations of the school and maintain congruence with LRA’s vision and mission in the life of the school.
- Development and execution of a school budget
- School planning and improvement plan
- Hiring, firing and compensation for all LRA employees
- Monitor and maintain the Administration team
- Supervising the principals, the athletic director, the faculty and staff
- Conduct daily meetings with Principals
- Conduct weekly meetings with Office and support staff
- Build and maintain community relationships
- Build and maintain relationships with churches
- Supervise the effective development increase enrollment and retention, manage finances, and provide input to the Board of Trustees on these initiatives.
- Work with Department Heads and faculty to compile annual budget requests based on documented curriculum needs.
- Work with Principals to compile annual budget requests based on documented academic needs.
- Develop/implement and maintain a financially sound school budget
- Ensure proper financial processes, plans and accounting
- Serving as spiritual leader of the school, demonstrating a personal relationship and walk with God, leading faculty and staff devotions on a monthly basis
- Serving alongside the Board of Directors implementing their philosophy of policy governance
- Championing an educational philosophy that promotes excellence in education while ensuring that a biblical worldview permeates our classrooms and teaching and cultivating servant leadership on our campus
- Articulating the vision, mission, goals and objectives of LRA to faculty, staff, parents, students, churches, Christian organizations, donors, supporters, and the surrounding community
- Leading, mentoring, and directing activities of faculty and staff in a manner that positively influences their growth and professional development
- Creating an educational environment that is Christ‐centered, engaging, pedagogically current, and meets the differentiated needs of the students
- Leading, in conjunction with the Board of Directors, strategic planning of long-range plans
- Supervise and lead accreditation processes
- Creating an environment of mutual respect, care and unity among students, parents, faculty and staff
- Assisting in conflict resolution in a peacemaking and biblical manner.
- establishing relationships with, and communicating the vision to, existing and future donors
- establishing funding plans that increase the donor base for LRA
- coordinating any legacy funds or capital campaigns for future facilities
- serving as spokesperson for LRA
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive school improvement plan
- developing communications strategies to reach various stakeholders
- serving as the communications liaison to the Board of Directors
- actively promoting and supporting the role of parents in the education of their children
- effectively communicating the goals, standards, and policies to all employees, parents, and students
- directing an annual parent survey and summarizing the results for the Board of Directors and implementing a plan to address key areas of concern
- Develop, monitor and review all academic, business, crisis management, athletic policies and procedures
- Maintain a working professional relationship with the BOD
- Effective communication with school principals on planning, procedures, updates
Please send inquiries and resumes to Matt Maples at [email protected] .
Logic School Head Basketball Coach
Geneva is looking for a Logic School Boys Basketball program lead coach. As a lead coach of the program, the candidate will primarily be coaching the 8th grade team but will also be responsible for aligning the entire Logic School basketball program in coordination with the Boys Basketball Program Director and Varsity Head Coach.
The candidate should have a passion for teaching and coaching Logic School students, emphasizing and encouraging a balanced approach to faith, family, academics and sports; providing training and coaching to enable students to perform with excellence and self-discipline for future Kingdom service; and supporting an athletic culture that demands honor and respect while representing the cause of Christ well in all its activities.
This is a part-time, exempt, stipend position. Practices typically run from 2:40 p.m. – 4:15 p.m., with games played once or twice a week and occasional tournaments on the weekend.
Travel to athletic events off campus is required. However, as an exempt employee, the employee is expected to work beyond the workday to perform duties outlined in the job description and as assigned.
- A disciple of Jesus Christ and, as such, one who models a love for God through obedience to His Word. Such obedience is evidenced through convictions, lifestyle and worldview.
- A full and unreserved supporter of Geneva School’s Statement of Faith
- A mentor of students, comfortable in working with teenagers in a discipleship-oriented setting
- Experience as a Coach of Boys Basketball
- A holder of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- In good standing with TAPPS, governing body for Geneva athletics
Required Technical Knowledge:
- Rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of Basketball
- Coaching techniques
- Valid State of Texas driver’s license
- Proficient in MS Word and Outlook
- Type at a speed necessary for successful job performance
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to [email protected]
The Covenant Preparatory School (1A) in Kingwood is looking for PT stipend only basketball coaches for this year. Positions we are looking to fill are:
Legacy Christian Academy in Beaumont, TX is looking to fill the following stipend only positions for the 2020/2021 school year.
– Varsity Baseball Coach
– Must live a God honoring lifestyle.
– Have a fundamental knowledge of the sport for which you are applying.
– Be able to work under the direction of the head coach of the sport and Athletic Director.
– Be able to communicate effectively with athletes and families.
– 3+ years of coaching experience at the high school varsity level or above
Pay depends on experience.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to Travis Thompson, A.D. at [email protected]
Contact the school at 409-924-0500X 6 or email [email protected]
Flower Mound Coram Deo Academy (TAPPS 5A), is looking for the following positions with their Boys Basketball program. Please submit an e-mail along with your resume to Head Coach Fonzo Martinez. ([email protected]) The following are stipend positions.
- Varsity Assistant
- Head Junior Varsity
- Potentially a JH assistant or Head Coach
We are looking for candidates who are first and foremost strong Christian leaders, and culture minded when it comes to the basketball program. Someone that has ability to communicate well with players and families, and strong organizational skills. Strong knowledge about the sport of basketball, and able to develop different players that have a wide range of skill level. Previous coaching, and/or playing experience is preferred.
Frassati Catholic High School
Coaches at Frassati Catholic High School are expected to represent the school and the Catholic faith with excellence. This is a part-time, stipend only position.
Frassati Catholic High School is now accepting resumes for the position of:
JV Boys Basketball Coach
Assistant Girls Basketball Coach
Support and promote school’s mission and philosophy
Represent Frassati in a positive fashion on and off the school campus
Demonstrate experience and expertise in area of coaching high school athletes
Assist and support Head Coach
Manage, instruct, and motivate team members
The Shelton School is the largest independent school worldwide for intelligent students with learning differences. Shelton provides a superior education for those that think and learn differently. It uses a customized approach to within a mainstream environment.
We are currently searching for quality coaches to fill the following baseball positions:
- Varsity Assistant/ JV Head Coach
- Varsity Assistant Coach
- Middle School Assistant Coach
We are interested in adding new coaches to our program’s team that can help build a winning culture for what is a growing Division 3 school. Ideal candidates:
- Be able to work under the direction of the head coach
- Be able to implement and contribute to the program’s goals and vision
- Be able to communicate effectively with athletes and families
- Be a positive motivator to build up our athletes
- Have interest in a career in education and coaching
- Have a passion for the game of baseball
- Be able to throw good batting practice
This is a stipend-only position, but it is also a great opportunity for any education minded candidates looking for a school that respects its employees and highly values each individual.
If interested parties should apply at https://www.shelton.org/about-us/career-opportunities .
Hello my name is Miguel Garza, I have been a part of a really successful program in fall soccer, The school is First baptist and we have reached 2 final fours,1 elite eight and 1 state final,my style of playing soccer is more like a Mexico type of play, which is different from what every soccer can give. Also, one important thing is to talk with the kids to get them in the right mind to perform and be ready to play, and I think I do a really job to help all the players to be at their 100% physically and mentally. If anyone is interested send me a message at 956-346-3927
My name is Cameron Fenney. Currently, I am located in Louisiana, but my wife and I are trying to move to Texas. I am here looking for any openings that may be available. I have taught most history subjects from 6th grade- 12th grade, I am also the head baseball coach/assistant head football coach as well. I have attached my resume here, and can be contacted via cellphone at (972)953-6552 or email at [email protected]