Athletic Directors and Coaches:
The TAPPS football season is just around the corner. TAPPS continues to require tackling certification for all coaches involved in high school programs. With the addition of the pandemic to the start of the year, the following modification of the requirements are in effect.
- Coaches who received training this year (2020) are in compliance with the requirements
- Coaches who obtained tackling certification over the past two years are in compliance for the 2020 season without additional course training.
- Coaches who have not had training or their training is over two years old must complete a tackling certification course prior to the 2020 season.
- NFHSLearn provides an online course for those in need – NFHSLearn Course Link
- USA Football provides online training – USA Football Course Link
- Other courses such as those provided by Atavus are approved as well.
Please contact the TAPPS office at 254-947-9268 or by email at [email protected] should questions arise.