As we learned today, our governor has opened our state and removed mask requirements effective next Wednesday, March 10. As an organization we have based our requirements for member schools tied to previously issued orders. In response to the governor’s direction, we support the following TAPPS protocols which will become effective March 10.
- TAPPS supports the leadership of each of our member schools in guiding their stakeholders through the coming months. TAPPS supports the leadership of each school as they establish the protocols for their stakeholders in moving forward.
- TAPPS supports that each school shall be responsible for their stakeholders both at their campus and events in which they participate. However, schools should not impose their restrictions on their opponents without prior mutual consent.
- TAPPS continues to recommend social distancing where possible and masks should be worn by those who feel at risk for contracting the virus.
- TAPPS effectively withdraws capacity limits for school facilities, allowing each school to determine the capacity limits which best serve their communities.
- However, please review the requirements in place from local governmental agencies which may impact capacity or other rulings.
TAPPS will continue to monitor the metrics for the pandemic and health concerns moving forward and will advise of any changes in our response should they be necessary.