Debate and Persuasive Speaking will be live-virtual. Each student and judge will need a webcam, speakers, and microphone in a separate place from other student competitors.
PLEASE COMPLETE TABROOM REGISTRATION TODAY.
For competition in LD and Persuasive, you, your students, and your judges will all need two things: 1) linked tabroom.com accounts and 2) hopin accounts. Both of these are FREE. If you get to a spot that asks you to pay anything, you are in the wrong place!
- Create your account and check your email. You will need to verify your account.
- Once you verify your account, you will be given three options: Institution, Judge, Competitor.
- As a coach, you should select Create Your Institution and complete the information there.
- You will want to make sure to join the TAPPS (Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools) Circuit
For your students and judges, they will create an account and select either judge or competitor.
TO LINK THE ACCOUNTS, the easiest way is for you as the coach to link the accounts for judges and competitors once they are created:
- Have the students and judges create their accounts.
- They then email you telling you what email address they used to create the account.
- YOU log-in to tabroom.com, click on the “Competitors” tab to add a student.
- Click on “Add Student” on the right-hand side and enter their email address. The accounts are linked.
- For Judges, click on the Judges tab, click “Add a Judge,” and enter their email address.
To enter students in the tournament, follow this link: tapps.tabroom.com
Click Register, Click Entries, then use the right-hand panel to add students to events. Make sure you only enter students in LD and Persuasive in your classification.
For HopIn, this will be the event link: https://hopin.com/events/
It is not yet live.
The easiest way to join HopIn.com is to use the above link when it is active–later this week–and follow the instructions there. This process is very simple and should be self-explanatory. There is a link to the “Free Sign-Up” on hopin.com. No one should be paying for any subscription!
Once the event link is live, students, coaches, and judges will need to register for the event.
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].