Administrators, Athletic Directors and Coaches:
As we begin a new year of competition at TAPPS, we want to remind all member schools that the home team is required to assign a game administrator for all varsity contests. That individual must be a coach (other than the game coach), teacher, administrator or some other individual designated by the home school administration. It is highly recommended that a game administrator be present for all sub-varsity games as well. In addition, any team that advances to the state playoffs must ensure an administrator is appointed and present for each game which is held for football, soccer, volleyball, basketball, baseball and softball.
The administrator should make themselves known to and be available to assist officials prior to, during and after the contest. The responsibilities of the game administrator are as follows:
Health and Safety:
- Be trained in the Emergency Action Plan for the facility.
- Know the location of the AED at the facility.
- Be trained in the use of the AED.
- See that officials are directed to their dressing room.
- Meet with the officials prior to game time to cover any issues or areas of concern. (preferably on the playing field or court)
- Inform the officials where you will be seated.
- Be available at all times to assist the officials if they need to discourage unsportsmanlike conduct of a fan, player, or coach. (such as removal from the gym or stadium)
- Check with the officials after the game to see if there is any misconduct that needs to be reported.
- Provide an escort for the officials to their cars.
- Report any and all incidents to the appropriate school administrator (home and visitor) including:
- Severe verbal abuse or physical contact of any game official.
- Verbal or physical contact between fans.
- Any ejections (coaches, players or fans) must be reported to the TAPPS office within the next two working days. The Ejection Form may be found in Rank One under the Coaches Toolkit.
We have included the following resources for your review and use.
LINK TO VIDEO
LINK TO CHECKLIST
As we move into the new school year, thank you for your efforts in making our athletic contests a safe and positive environment. If you have any questions, please contact the TAPPS office at 254-947-9268 or email us at [email protected].