TAPPS Drone Policy
Athletic Directors and Coaches:
As you make your plans for the coming football and fall soccer seasons, please review the policy outlined below regarding the use of drones in a stadium or over populated areas.
Section 138 of the TAPPS By-Laws states:
- Use of Drones during competition
- Practice – subject to local discretion, drones may be used
- Scrimmages and games – Drones shall not be used during pregame, warm up, contest or half time.
- Drones shall not be used in the stadium or competition area when people are present
- TAPPS must authorize any use of drones at a competition site.
Thank you in advance for your compliance with the TAPPS governance, please make sure all drones remain on the ground during TAPPS contests. If you have questions, please contact the TAPPS office at 254-947-9268 or by email at [email protected].