Head Administrators, Athletic Directors and Fine Art Directors:
As we move toward the conclusion of the 2020-2021 school year, we celebrate the championship opportunities we provided while moving through the pandemic. Thank you to all for working with our organization and at the local level to keep our students and athletes safe.
Over the course of the Spring, our office received inquiries as to student eligibility and school classification for the coming school year (2021-2022). Please review below the TAPPS plans as approved by the TAPPS Executive Board.
- The TAPPS Constitution Article V provides the basic provisions for student eligibility in TAPPS. These elements, including age restrictions and the number of years allowed for competition remain in force. TAPPS does not grant an “extra” year of eligibility for those affected by the pandemic.
- The TAPPS Constitution requires students to be full time day students at the school for which they compete. This includes both athletic and fine art activities sponsored by TAPPS.
- The TAPPS Executive Board’s exception allowing online learners to participate in TAPPS sponsored activities expires with the 2020-21 school year. Only those students attending in person classes will be eligible to participate.
- Students enrolled in and matriculating through dual credit courses offered online may count those courses provided a study hall or similar block is observed at the high school campus.
- Athletics, Physical Education, and similar courses may not be counted towards the four (4) course minimum for student eligibility.
- The 2021-22 school year will be the second of the present alignment. Schools will remain in their present classification and/or divisions through next year.
- TAPPS will develop and publish alignment information for the 2022-24 alignment in the fall of 2021.
During the course of this past year, some schools dropped activities for various reasons. Please contact the TAPPS office with the forms linked below if you are planning to add or resume a team or individual sport or fine art activity for the coming school year, 2021-22.
If you do not plan to offer an activity for which you signed up during 2020-21, please complete the appropriate form linked below
Please contact the TAPPS office as questions arise at [email protected] or by phone at 254-947-9268.